Existing Member?

Cruising the world

Thailand-Koh Samui June 2009

THAILAND | Monday, 27 July 2009 | Views [445]

We were lucky enough to get the opportunity to head back to Thailand, for my sister's wedding in Koh Samui. A group of 37 people travelled to attend Kirk and Hayley's wedding, with most having a holiday too. Such a beautiful place to get married. We stayed for a week at Coral Bay Resort. It was great to see my family again. Mum and Dad, Mark and Rebecca, James and I spent a couple of days cruising around the island, on hired scooters. It was really fun, and got to see the sights, including a view of the island from the mountains, where we saw some monkeys. Unfortunately, the monkey we were told was friendly, by another tourist, ended up biting James' peck, so that ended our visit with the monkeys! Although the monkey drew blood, James has recovered well, and has a nice tale for the scar he has! We have a picture of the culprit too!

We also had a beautiful thai lunch at the Five Island Restaurant, on the beach...until we were told to bunker down inside while the storm passed. All in all, the windy rainy weather moved by within 30 minutes, which was good. 

We also used the scooters to check out the nightlife. Mark, Rebecca, James and I ended up watching a Ladyboy show, which was quite an experience! We also enjoyed more roadside stall pancakes.

Prior to the wedding, James, Kirk and some of his mates spent a day golfing on a PGA Golf Course, which they enjoyed-they each had their own caddy and golf cart! Whereas I spent the day with Mark, Rebecca and others snorkeling at Koh Phangan, another beautiful snorkeling location. 

The wedding day was so amazing, with the bride and bridesmaids (Tarnia and I) enjoying the night before at the resort, having a buffet breakfast by the waterfront and relaxing with Mum and Dad before getting ready with hair and makeup. Hayley looked absolutely beautiful and relaxed, as we walked down the aisle behind a thai drum band. The ceremony was on the waterfront and was a beautiful backdrop. We had also seen the groom and groomsmen arrive prior (who scrubbed up rather nicely) with the guests who had been escorted down to the ceremony site by the thai drum band too, such a fun way to start the ceremony. 

After an emotional ceremony, everyone partied into the evening. It was a great day. A great holiday break too.

About jamesandjulie


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.