Existing Member?

Ghana 2 months in Africa...

A few thoughts

GHANA | Friday, 25 April 2008 | Views [446] | Comments [1]

Darn, I wrote some stuff but it got deleted.

Another hour before we leave for our weekend away.

Am really appreciating what I'm learning about the African culture here. It is such a rich and deep culture. Everyone has Ghanaian and African pride, yet they are not exclusive with themselves. They are quite generous and open in teaching others and welcoming foreigners.

I'm in awe of all the beautiful cloth patterns here as well. Some girls on the team have purchased cloth and had skirts tailor made for them. I went to visit Linda this morning, and she has hooked me up with her tailor friend (yeah!) to make me a dress with this great fabric she bought. :) About $10 to make total.

Being here in Ghana, there is music constantly on. From someone's radio, in the internet cafe, or in the cars. It's funny, I feel like I am still in the States as the music is from North America- the latest hit songs are on the radio here. I also hear contemporary Ghanaian songs which are really fun. I want to get a CD before I leave.

People love to dance here. We went to Osu, this city the other week for a night out. Some guys were dancing with each other on the street. It wasn't anything weird, you could tell they truly enjoyed dancing. I love it!

Alright, more thoughts later.

Have a great weekend! Have added more photos. Don't feel like you have to look through them all.

love,

~T

Comments

1

Teeenah! :) miss you girl. can't wait to hear about your weekend trip!!

  Becky Apr 27, 2008 5:11 PM

About jamba2323


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Ghana

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.