Existing Member?

Ghana 2 months in Africa...

2 weeks to take off

USA | Monday, 31 March 2008 | Views [520]

Well, this journal is inching along in excitement. For now, my dear diary has some interesting tidbits re: trip planning.

- Been corresponding with two other girls in the Arts/Design placement. (Sidenote- out of the 25 folks going, I'm the only American. Everyone else is from the UK! I wouldn't be surprised if I was the only Asian on the team either :) The three of us have been talking about what art materials to bring. It'll be neat to see what kind of materials are UK specific, and which are US specific.

I went to Costco yesterday hoping to get a large pack of gluesticks, those great Sandy Lion sticker packs (girls know what I'm talking about!) and disposable cameras. Amazingly, nothing was available. I walked away with some Crayola crayon packs. Actually would't be susprised if they melted over there! Haha.

- Have gotten my 2nd round of shots. I still hate needles, and the shots still hurt. I have a couple more next week, along with a general physical.

- Ordered a bunch of random things from EMS- like rehydration packs, the candle lantern ML was talking about, portable water pump, etc. Interesting how the bulk of what I'm taking is not clothes or art supplies, but medicines, vitamins, and general health items. Wow!

- Have started packing. Yes, I am an organizational freak. I enjoy packing, and doing so helps me spatially plan and see what else I need or don't need.

- Been very fortunate to have my Ghanaian friend (EG) to talk to and EH who's been to Ghana for a semester abroad. All very great informative insights and trips.

- Lastly, have my Visa (yeah!) and now waiting for God to give me a suletter. I know it's totally last minute, but I actually got a post from someone today. I hope she's the one!!

That's it...signing off til next time.

~T

About jamba2323


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.