Existing Member?

i climbed the great wall_it was great my visit to china August to September 2007

THE FROG

CHINA | Saturday, 6 October 2007 | Views [473]

in fact i stayed very veggie well mostly veggie apart from an odd bit of fish..during the whole trip..its just that we went to one of hotpot restaurants

http://www.sinica.edu.tw/tit/dining/0196_HotPot.html (a link to a site showing this kind of dining)

 

..in these restaurants they have a tureen in the middle of the table(i understand that some have individual pots for each person)..anyway the one where we had lunch had one large tureen with a divider in the middle..one side had water oil and very spicy seasonings ..the other side had had water and herbs...the day i went they fished a small fish out of the water side and cheerily said it was a free fish..i told my friends to tell them what to do with it and it was not thank you very much..fortunately i do not swear and very say be polite.....

 so they light a burner under the tureen and when the liquids are boiling you add the raw food to the pot....there is a lovely sesame dip enhanced with cut up chive and chopped herbs ....well we ordered lots of veggies and they also had lamb and fish brought for us....and then we looked at a neighboring table(sorry to disappoint) and there were a group of men with their frog as a potential ingredient..i hobbled over and asked if i could take a picture..and that is the story of the frog..

Tags: Food & eating

About jaegbbb


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.