Existing Member?

Everywhere

European Monoliths

UNITED KINGDOM | Saturday, 23 March 2019 | Views [340]

Europe is home to many marvellous sights. From the Eiffel Tower in France and the Colosseum in Italy to the Sagrada Familia in Spain and the Acropolis of Athens in Greece. These are truly sights to behold! Along with these wonders are their taller companions, most of which are situated in the Moscow International Business Centre.


The Triumph Palace Photo by: Andreykor

Situated in Russia’s eastern capital, Moscow, this tall building stands at a height of 57-floors (867ft). Often regarded as the “Eighth Sister” owed to its resemblance to the Seven Sisters towers, the Triumph Palace is the tallest apartment block in the world since 2003, according to the Guinness World Records.


The Shard Photo by: O-seop Sim

London’s Southwark district is home to the Shard. This building - which is over 1,000 feet tall - is often referred to as a “vertical city”. And rightfully so, as it consists of residential and office space, several restaurants and the Shangri-La Hotel.


The Lakhta Centre Photo by: Nikolaj Potanin

As Europe’s tallest building, the Lakhta Centre is over 1,500 feet tall. It’s located in Saint Petersburg, Russia; and is considered the 13th tallest building in the world. It is not only notable for its height, it has received substantial recognition from the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design for its use of remarkable sustainable technologies.

 

 

Tags: buildings, europe, monoliths, travels

About jackkloe


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.