Existing Member?

Everywhere

The Tallest Buildings in the World

UNITED KINGDOM | Saturday, 23 March 2019 | Views [549]

Architecture is a modern, man-made wonder.

If you follow any of the hashtags on social media related to architecture - #archiecturelovers, #architecturestyle, etc. - then you’ll be in awe of all the many grandiose and breathtaking buildings around the globe.

Some of these are impressive for their beauty, others for their particular aesthetic, and yet others for their starkness or strangeness.

Then there are the buildings known purely for their size…


Burj Khalifa Photo by: zplits

The following are taken from the list of the world’s tallest buildings. Some of them are in other countries, requiring flights and hotel bookings; others may be nearby, and just need a bus or train ticket, plus a few hours in a room that’s day use e.g. daybreakhotels.com, so you can get yourself changed after sweating to the top of one of the following, before heading home…

If you do live near to one of these wonders, however, whip that camera out and get ready to wow your online followers with some tremendous images…

Burj Khalifa, Dubai

The tallest building in the world, this impressive construction is 829.8 metres high.

Shanghai Tower, China

As the second tallest building on Earth, Shanghai Tower still boasts the world’s highest observation deck. It is, overall, 632 metres high.

Lotte World Tower, South Korea

In at no. 5, the Lotte World Tower only opened in 2017 and is the tallest building in South Korea.

One World Trade Center, USA

Based in New York, this building replaced the Twin Towers which were destroyed in a terrorist attack on the city in 2011.


One World Trade Center Photo by: Lucas Franco

Taipei 101, Taiwan

Previously the tallest building in the world, this is now in at no 10. Its elevators are amongst the fastest, however.

Landmark 81, Vietnam

Designed by British firm Atkins, Landmark 81 is the tallest building not just in Vietnam but in Southeast Asia.

The Exchange 106, Malaysia

This is so called because it contains 106 floors in total. It is based in Kuala Lumpur, where the Petronas Towers, which are of equal height, are also located.

Whether you look up from below, or look out from within, enjoy making those captures and remember to use as many of the architecture-related social media hashtags as you can!

Tags: buildings, international, travelling, worldwide

About jackkloe


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.