Existing Member?

Travel Journal - Londontown Hi I'm Jacqui and I'm about to embark on a trip to see my sister who lives in London and this is our story...

4th Day Museums

UNITED KINGDOM | Monday, 26 November 2012 | Views [300]

Started off a bit later today after some family Skype calls and breakfast which was much needed after our 2 mega walking days previous. After a bit of reseach all the places we planned to see were either closed or the tube had problems so decided to head to the Musuem section of London and check out whatever ones we wanted. We headed to the Museum of Natural History and were slightly taken back by the massive queues and provisions they had in place for this. After waiting in the line (for what felt like forever and managing to resist the merchandise for sale beside us) we overheard someone talking about how it was half term and that was why every child in London was waiting in the line with us. We headed to the mammals first and as it was quite smooshy with all the people around us we tried to head to some other sections but the dinosaurs had a 3 hour wait which would have been great to tell the kids about but I was not up for it. As the people started to squeeze me in and my issues started to make me antsy we headed into the human body section which was interactive and not so crazy. It was lunchtime by now but we decided eating here would be insane we headed out back onto the street to see if we could find a cafe or something.

Instead we headed into the Victoria & Albert museum and found the cafe was still busy but at least we snagged a table fairly quickly. I sent Sarah off to get some found while I minded the table and was approached by an older lady who asked if she could share our table. I kinda had to say yes but luckily the people next to us left so I moved down and gave the lady the whole table. Sar was back by this time with some delicious bagettes and salads for lunch then I headed out for the coffee run. It was an interesting setup as you get the food & drinks from 1 side of the hall but pay on the other (I could not help but wonder that some people must enjoy a free lunch here).

Then we walked the whole of the bottom floor of the museum covering Asia, the Middle East and European collections. We found a place where you could do could try on some robes as they wore in ye olden days which provided a much needed laugh. There were a couple of interesting exhibitions but you had to pre-book tickets and so we missed the Hollywood costume one which would have been cool. We decided we were museumed out and after a quick look at the ice rink outside with the pretty fairy lights in the trees (we had a bit of a giggle thinking of how they would have asked someone to do that...we need someone to hang up some lights..about a million or so...wrapped around giant trees in the park..interested??).

We decided to use what was in the fridge for dinner and ended up with a sausage/cherry tomato/cous cous creation which was quite delicious!

About jac995


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.