Existing Member?

Travel Journal - Londontown Hi I'm Jacqui and I'm about to embark on a trip to see my sister who lives in London and this is our story...

First day in Londontown

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 29 October 2012 | Views [267]

With all my worries with the flight it was perfectly fine and no problems at all! I sat next to a lovely french couple who didn't mind turning my air conditioning on/off and my light and in return I timed my bathroom breaks with them so they didn't have to climb over me. Wendy was waiting for me at the airport...she even had time to have a coffee while I waited approx 30 mins for my bag. I topped up my oyster card and "tapped" in and out like a pro to catch the tube. We caught a taxi to her house and settled in, had a shower (to feel human again) and a cup of coffee and eggs. Meet her friend Courtenay and waited patiently for Andy to get up (he was feeling quite poorly) to say hello and give him a hug. Had pizza for lunch and watched to my horror X-Factor which Wendy is quite addicted to (as well as Bondi Rescue - once again horror!) Then walked to Northfields through the park to catch the tube back to the airport to meet Sarah's plane. We grabbed a good seat and had time to enjoy another coffee while scanning the crowds and trying not to hurt our necks while we waited patiently for her to embark. We eventually found her (Wendy won because she came out her side of the gate as we popped up & down like meercats). We got her oyster card sorted and then caught the tube back to Wendy's place. Now we are sitting around us 4 girls chatting & blogging while Andy is in the kitchen cooking dinner - Mexican tonight, I believe.

Feeling a bit tired and am looking forward to tomorrow's adventures to begin! (Hoping that Sarah is well enough to do what we have planned)

Tags: london

About jac995


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.