Existing Member?

Europe June 2010 Western Europe short stay tour: Barcelona one week, then Paris, Rome, and Berlin in 5 days!

Paris and Rome, oh my!

USA | Monday, 21 June 2010 | Views [342]

Mon 21 June

I was off the grid for these past two days because I had difficulty finding internet cafes. But I found a good one here in Rome, where I'm waiting for my bus ride to the Rome-Ciampano airport for my flight to Berlin. I think traveling to so many cities has taken its toll on my body, as I'm constantly balancing keeping all my stuff with me, thinking about where I have to be next and how to get there, all while enjoying the site I'm visiting.


I went to the Eiffel tower and the Louvre musuem on Saturday. I got to see the Mona Lisa. It was a little bigger than what some people had led me to believe, but it was pretty cool seeing it in person. It really was the painting created by Leonardo Da Vinci. Seeing the pyramid outside the Louvre was pretty neat too.

Flew to Rome on Sunday morning and went to see the Galeria Borhese musuem where they have works by Bernili. I don't know the first thing about sculpturing, but what he's able to do with marble is pretty spectacular--especially the Apollo and Daphne masterpiece. Seeing the Colosseum was the highlight of my trip so far, that is until I went to see the Vatican this Monday morning. Being in St. Peter's square and going inside La Basilica was so inspiring.


The places, landmarks, and people my eyes have seen these past few days, I will remember forever. I know that not many people get to see these things, so I feel really, really blessed right now. I've had the luxury of maintaining my health, except for a few blisters on my feet from walking so much in my dress shoes, but that's ok.

Now off to Berlin for my last full day before flying back to the US for more travel. When all is said and done, I think I'll be happy to be home on 1-July. For now, I'm enjoying tremendously this experience, and just trying to stay safe. Confio en Dios que me acompañe en este viaje.

Saludos para todos!

About jabs_was_here


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.