Existing Member?

Runnin' Down A Dream “Life is a journey, not a destination.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

As One Door Closes, Another One (or Two) Opens

NEW ZEALAND | Tuesday, 20 May 2014 | Views [309] | Comments [2]

Hello All,

I have returned from the Bay of Islands back to Auckland. I had a wonderful time in the Paihia and have bid farewell to Joanne (Irish) and Claire (Brit) today. Lucky for me Magda (Polish) is still in the city. If you remember back to several blogs ago I mentioned Magda. I met her a long the way and she is quite possibly the nicest and happiest person I have ever met. I will be meeting up with her later today to catch up on each others activities. I have to say one of the coolest things about my travels here in NZ has been the people you meet along the way. Even though I travelled to NZ alone I have never once been alone. There are friendly faces everywhere you go, no matter if you just met, or had met on a previous occasion. 

This week will mark 3 months on my NZ adventure. Anyone who knows me well, knows that travelling to this beautiful country has been a dream of mine for many years. I don't know what originally triggered it, but I knew this was a place I had to experience. I am fortunate enough to say that I have fullfilled this dream of mine now. In fact, my NZ experience has exceeded my original expectations of what it would be like to come here. I would recommend to anyone to come an experience this wonderful country. I can assure you that you will not be disappointed! With all of this being said you all may be thinking that my travels are over, but as I bid farewell to the country that has always been in my dreams, I will say hello to two others!

As I mentioned in my previous blog, I have been scheming up a plan for the next month and I am happy to say that I have put one in place! I originally expected to spend 4 months in NZ, but I have travelled both Islands, made amazing friends, jumped off of bridges and waterfalls, swam with dolphins, went caving and canyoning, and experienced a NZ sheep station in 3 months time. I feel like I have gotten everything and more out of my time here. With that being said I can now open two doors that I hadn't originally thought about prior to coming to NZ. 

Door #1 AUSTRALIA

Door#2 FIJI

I leave in two days, from Auckland to Melbourne and Sydney for two weeks! Then will fly from Sydney to Nadi, Fiji for two weeks!! From there I will fly back to Auckland for the night and will finally return to the U.S.

This plan was spur of the moment and luckily I was able to book it all this morning. I am incredibly excited to be able to continue my adventures and will of course bring you all along with me. So, keep checking the blog for more posts and pictures!

 

Cheers!

Jenna

Comments

1

Go girl... too many people only wish they had... very few actually go for it...

  Ray Wiseman May 22, 2014 12:40 PM

2

LOL...You GO! So glad you are expanding your trip while that far away. You'll have that other continent to add to your check list! What a difference it will be from the chill of high mountains to the tropics of paradise! Soak up the sun...

  Joan Kelley May 22, 2014 10:30 PM

About j_m_j


Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.