Existing Member?

Taking a Hike...

The Nightmare JFK

UNITED KINGDOM | Thursday, 29 May 2008 | Views [767]

Our journey began in the DFW airport. It started pretty smoothly with a short flight to Minneapolis and then another to NYC. When we got to JFK we discovered how New Yorkers got their reputations for being rude. Everyone was exceptionally unhappy. We had an entire family of about 10 people cut in front of us and push their way to the front of the line while going through customs, which is pretty impressive since the line was packed tight like sardines. New Yorkers have a mentality that causes them to stand really close together in lines, so that they will be to the front of the line exactly as soon as possible, and not a second later. We made it through customs in a little over an hour, with plenty of time to catch our flight, seeing as it had been delayed. It was delayed for about an hour, but no staff had shown up by the time the new departure time had arrived, so we kept on waiting, until finally, about three hours later our plane was ready to board and leave. It was about 2am and we were both exhausted, hungry, and annoyed, but happy to finally be on our way. Food and drink service lasted for about half the flight, which means they didn't turn off the overhead lights until around 5am, which didn't help our moods any. The flight staff was lovely, however, and helped put together some food for us even though we didn't reserve vegetarian meals beforehand.

Tags: airport, flying, layover, luggage, plane, travel, trip

About j_and_d


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.