Existing Member?

J9Fabre Antarctica, Patagonia, Buenos Aires... Dec07-Jan08

14 days to go. ¡Mi coche es roto!

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 24 November 2007 | Views [568]

So I'm on my way into town yesterday to pick up my final travel documents. And I have a car accident. I ran into the back of someone on Victoria Parade. A car cut lanes 3 cars ahead, lady up front braked heavily, then the one in front of me screeched to a stop & by the time I braked it was too late. Straight into the back of him. I was only doing about 35km per hour but my car is very very sad (possibly a write-off). Their cars are not too bad (driveable) but mine had to be towed. Thankfully no-one was hurt (although I was really shaken). AAAHHHH! Not what I need to happen. I am so busy at the moment in the lead up to my trip. Fortunately I live walking distance to work.


BUT, on the positive side, I am still okay to go on my trip. That's all I could think of at the time. And I still managed to get my tickets. I left my car in a side street, caught a tram into town, got all my travel documents & then returned to the car to sort out the towing. Priorities!


It is 5.30am Melbourne time. In exactly 2 weeks I'll be just boarding the plane.


Hasta mañana!

J9

Tags: The Planning Phase

About j9fabre


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.