Existing Member?

Sister Adventures

Changing directions

GERMANY | Tuesday, 28 July 2015 | Views [244]

Rathaus Munich

Rathaus Munich

July 28th, 

 

The he wind is howling again and once again right in our faces. Time to take matters in our hands. We have decided to go to Munich by train. We bought the wrong tickets and pleaded our way onto the right train and headed off. Once again our Bromptons came in handy, no extra fee needed and hop on and off again in seconds. We tried to contact an airbnb while in Sollen, our last campsite, but were unable to get adequate cell coverage. So we figured that we would make it work and headed out anyway. Anna's phone died when we got to Munich, easily fixed by a trip to the cafe and a scouted outlet right by an available seat. Our airbnb guy texted back an hour later and said that he could meet us at five. With four hours to kill we went out to see the sites, bags and luggage in tow. Another great thing about the Bromptons is even if you can not ride them, they are great luggage carriers. We picked a direction and walked. We saw the cathedral, the rathaus, a few other churches and squares, some lovely monuments And a 700 year old market where we bougthe meat for supper. 

Mario got to his apartment at about ten past five. The place is great and Mario and Thomas are very friendly. Bonus, the apartment is on the first floor, no dragging bikes up five flights! We had a yummy supper and shared a bottle of wine with our host, and laughed and laughed about how old we are and how different things are in our two countries. Sleep and then home...

About j-a-z

Off to catch a train. It is 36 degrees and we finally found the bike path.

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.