Existing Member?

Sister Adventures

On our way to the Munich Airport

GERMANY | Sunday, 26 July 2015 | Views [243]

Oompapa dancing at the Cheimsee festival

Oompapa dancing at the Cheimsee festival


Sunday July 26,

Our campsite last night was terrific, it had the cleanest, most beautiful bathrooms that I have ever seen. The people were very vigilant about having a clean and respectful campsite. They even instituted quiet times from 1-3pm and 10:30pm-8-30am, and everyone respected it! We made use of the windsurfer boards and kayak paddles, they use their boards just like we do at the lake, but no stand up paddles, and went for a trip on the lake. It was beautiful! Anna and I set off at 3 pm for our ride to Cheiming. The ride was only supposed to be 22 km, but in the end we did about 35km. We rode hard for about three hours and came to our site close to 7pm. It was a crazy site, with people in trailers packed in as close as you can get. Rather expensive site at 22 euros for our little tent. They offered a fresh bread service in the morning, orders in by 9pm. We stayed close to the beach and took out the paddle boat for a little doodle around the lake. I convinced Anna to come into town, 1km away, to see the oompapa band that was playing. People were dancing and eating and drinking these litre tankards of beer. We walked back, ate cake at the campsite restaurant and went to bed.

Tags: bike riding through the countryside

About j-a-z

Off to catch a train. It is 36 degrees and we finally found the bike path.

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.