Existing Member?

Sister Adventures

The castle in Czeski Krumlove

CZECH REPUBLIC | Monday, 20 July 2015 | Views [233]

Modern art gallery beneath the castle

Modern art gallery beneath the castle

Monday July 20th,

Today was our time to head up to the castle. They build these things up on the top of hills and it is quite the workout to get there. We headed up a million stairs and went through to check out all of the attractions. We chose to go into the cellar modern art gallery. The art was super weird, all sorts of deformed bodies with giraffe heads and fingers that represented ones affect of the earth. The location was very amazing, beneath the castle into the dungeons and cellars. It was also cool down there, which was a welcome break after all of the climbing and the stifling heat.
We walked through the rest of the castle, but the main part was not open, so we chose to come back the next day. We the. Walked through more of Krumlove and chose to go back to the campsite for a rest before our evening return.
Every evening while in Krumlove we returned back to the main share to listen to some lovely music. This time it was a man playing an invert steal drum, very neat instrument, with beautiful echoes in the square. We also went into a restaurant for a piece of Sachr torte and a glass of wine. The waiters thought that we were a little crazy when we asked if we could put our bikes beneath the table. They thought that we wanted them to carry them in for us. We protested and finally agreed to put them behind the main entrance. They were quite impressed by our little bikes. We have a lovely piece of cake and a cold glass of wine in a small courtyard and enjoyed our outing. We seriously considered going back to that restaurant tomorrow, but with so little time you have to try new things.

Tags: krumlove

About j-a-z

Off to catch a train. It is 36 degrees and we finally found the bike path.

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Czech Republic

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.