Existing Member?

Back to the roots

GOOD MORNING THE NEW LIFE.

BELARUS | Tuesday, 13 May 2014 | Views [106] | Scholarship Entry

In 2007 due the family reasons we (my mother and I) moved in small, so called “dying” village -where population decreasing every year, away over 40 km. from the nearest small town in Byelorussian’s remote rural area. For the past years we created successful multi diversion household (farm) with milk cattle, bees, vegetables and direct sales cooked products to the city customers, what gave us secure employment in this rural area.

Moving to the village was very shocked in the beginning for the typical city folks–first year we even didn’t have a water supply in the house, we had to start from the very ground how to take care about land and animals.

As the result of creating such household- the local people have been really impressed how two women, without any help created in a few years such large household. Every month more and more people asking my advises how successfully produce and sell own products in our reality. How to improve their lives in remote villages. How to struggle if their rights have been breached. And I cannot refuse to give such advises based on the own experience.

That was the main trip in my life- back to the roots. I raised in very large city, studied and worked without thinking what I really eating and where my grand grand parents where from. I saw farm animals only on pastoral pictures as the most urban youths. I traveled over the Europe, USA and Mexico, saw amazing architecture, tried delicious national cuisine, enjoyed by touching different cultures. That was unforgettable experience.

But when on the red and very yellow bright sunup I got the first born calve in my hands, when you understood from where everything in life takes its beginning- it is the main trip…

The new life just started, good morning the new life.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About iya


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Belarus

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.