Existing Member?

Where would this day bring me ?

Last day in London was my first day in London

UNITED KINGDOM | Tuesday, 13 May 2014 | Views [129] | Scholarship Entry

That was my really last day in this city. I have spent here just a week that is not a lot but kind of ready to move on. Seven days of every day walking, feeling tired and sometimes lonely. I felt like I went to all kind of museum tried all kind of food but something was missing. I woke up early and wanted to take last breath of the local air even if not that clean I would say. I jumped to tube, was not sure where I am going all the stations sounded familiar. Once I got out on Victoria I faced big a crowd of people. Something is going on! How could I forget that is the day when guards changing the turn near the Buckingham Palace. I walked a bit more towards the Palace to take few picture. -"Hey, cool camera"- suddenly, somebody started speaking to me. I like a lot how English people are easy going and love to make random conversations with strangers and I loved my camera as well. The name of the guy was Griffing. He waited for his friends who supposed to come earlier but because of big amount of people they could not find each other. I had nothing to do, why not to help and search for them. Once all were there they asked where I would like to go. Sadly to say, after one week on London I had not visited a lot of places one of them was China town. That is the reason why I love London is that is very diverse. There are lots of small cities inside of it. We run to China town and after did one more museum to my list, watched market concert. Its even seemed that each place got vivid once we got there. Last stop was Camden town, I was so impressed, have never seen such like aria. That day my camera work really hard.
We started to plan what we should do next or even meet up again tomorrow. I was so happy! But ... stop, my flight! What is the time? That was the moment of my shock just few hours till my flight.
I had to say good bye to my new friends and just run a way. Nothing worked right from that moment. My tube line was closed, I had to search for a bus. I was running around London as crazy. That was pretty tight but I arrived to airport right in time. And in few hours I was already in cold Riga.
But you probably could predict what I have done next. Yes, that is right I booked a trip to London. That day showed me that I need more of that city!

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About iuliia-vorobiova


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.