Existing Member?

Bon voyage amour!

Paris is always a good idea

FRANCE | Wednesday, 6 May 2015 | Views [81] | Scholarship Entry

2 years ago, I traveled to Europe with two of my best friends. We visited Spain, Italy and france. Definitely, our favorite place was Paris. Who doesn't like the French style? Walking down the Champ-Élysées while you just admire Paris beauty and all the stores with the most famous brands. Maybe if you are more of a tourist who likes history and wishes to learn as much as they can from every single monument they visit or just the shopaholic type , Paris is always a good idea. Our hotel called "Francois premier" was located just a block away from the main avenue, the Champs-Élysées. We decided to take a short promenade and saw this kind of bicycle taxi, which we found hilarious because we are Peruvians and in Peru, traffic is a chaos and you can see also bicycle taxis. We decided to take a ride and asked the driver to please take us back to our hotel. We were three people and there wasn't much space. The problem was that the man had to put a lot of physical effort to pull us and our hotel was on top of a small hill. It was impossible for Antoine (after this anecdote we became friends with the driver and we even have him as a Facebook friend) to continue driving as he had to carry too much weight. Suddenly, we were moving and it was because all the French people that walked by started to push the bicycle and we made it to our hotel. After that, we decided we should probably stop eating as many croissants au chocolat as.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About itsasmallworld


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.