Existing Member?

The world till the end

Venice- A day dream

ITALY | Thursday, 8 May 2014 | Views [118] | Scholarship Entry

Hearing, reading and seeing pictures wouldn't do any good than visiting Venice or Europe for that matter. Being in Venice is my first in to do list after landing in Italy which happened due to a personal reason. Set your mind for surprise once you get down from Santa Lucia railway station because at the first look you see a pedestrian platform at one end, parallely running are waters in the middle and at the other parallel side you have the vibrant buildings in pink, green blue etc, all lovely dream colours. To go around in this island the Water taxis, boats, ferry and cruises are the public transport systems available. Queen of Adriatic has her assets as narrow uncountable streets and beautiful bridges. A walk in the Venice should be a thing of joy forever. Never was I tired talking huge strolls and my pedometer read 50,000 steps. I found Venice's natives well settled at their homes calm and quiet and it appeared like they have retired from their services. The Island is kept bustling all day and night solely by the tourists. Pedestrian street side has "The Masks" shops gold gilded, pure white, stoned, flashy coloured, sharp eyed and you cannot escape the temptation to buy and try one for you. The windows of all the houses were so perfectly hinged and decorated with lively plants and colourful flowers and it was a eye taking glee to admire all of them. Most of the bridges looked small but were enough to accommodate the width of the running waters of the Island. The St.Mark's square- It was huge, 360 degree neck rotation mandatory, eyebrows concave down, eyes didn't blink, speechless etc.,- big square flanked by a lengthy and tall building with a basilica in the centre and a huge spire type bell tower in front of it. All I did was sat at one corner and became a psycho viewing it again and again for it was my first glimpse of Europe. A little farther sight is the widely spread lagoon waters on one side with a distant view of standing St. Giorgio , centre arena filled with bubbling tourist in perfect attires and couples in romantic vibrations and on the other end The Basilica and The Winged Lion. The chilled breeze and blue gloomy weather were bonuses to the happiness and peace package. I located a side bench and started gazing for more pleasure of sights. First time I saw beauty of landscape so beautifully , elegantly and humbly boasting in front of me. Venice you defeated and punished me with eternal love and joy. Truly Venice is my living day dream.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About itenerarant24x7


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.