Existing Member?

'Going beyond'

My Scholarship entry - Through Local Eyes

WORLDWIDE | Monday, 15 October 2012 | Views [163] | Scholarship Entry

Africa was always on my 'Places to See' list. I was looking for a completely different experience, something that would have allowed me to go beyond again, something that would fascinate, surprise and wonder me. During my journey to Morocco I wanted to interact with the locals, ask questions, have fun, simply be open to see and understand the life they lead.
As a postgraduate student of International Journalism at Cardiff University I have discovered my strong interest and passion for making documentaries. The experience of living in Poland, studying in the UK and the Erasmus exchange in Spain gave me a huge opportunity to meet international people and assimilate new cultures. I have created my own website (http:agatawasiewska.com/), which includes examples of the videos that I have produced.
I believe that I can get a mentor support from a professional filmmaker from whom I can learn about different video techniques, which will help me improving my skills. A chance of meeting all sorts of different people who share the same passion will definitely broaden my horizon.The most important thing is to try, because one who never tries never achieves.





Tags: Travel Film Scholarship 2012

About itchyfeet25


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.