Existing Member?

Our Travel Stories

Italy... Lets do this!!!

ITALY | Saturday, 30 March 2013 | Views [142]

 Getting here was like a scene from the amazing race.  We had a 3 hour delay in Hawaii because our plan needed a part that they didn't have in Kauai so these men came out on this huge motorized ladder looking thing and literally jumped the plane off.  (Before they had to unload over half the gas because the plan was too heavy for a short flight. We knew when left Hawaii we already were going to miss our flight from LA to New York. What we didn't know was that no other flights were heading out for Italy.  So we had to change to an international airport and we got a straight flight from LA to Paris (11 hours in the air) with an 8 hour layover in the LA airport.   We flew AirFrance and it was amazing, I never want to fly with another airline.  We had complimentary Champaigne, wine, beer, a hot meal of pasta, snacks and then a nice european breakfast before we landed.  and the crew was amazing.  So we landed in Paris with a very small window to catch our flight to Venice.  Paris airport crazy and you have to go through immigration again which we went ahead of the huge long line, since our plane was boarding and we literally ran the airport and still missed our flight, so after an hour we had tickets to Venice and a 3 hour layover.  flight was an hour and a half.  We landed in Venice it was cold and raining alittle disappointed that there was not any snow but so excited to be in Italy.  So in LA they told us they lost our luggage in the transfer from US airline to an interanational but we decided to try and ask in Venice what we needed to do to get the ball rolling.  All our Luggage was there waiting.  WOW what are the chances except a sign everything was going to be okay and this is where we are suppose to be.  Martins new boss picked us up and we drove 45 min from Venice to Vicenza but he did not reserve a room with a dog so they wld not allow us to stay there that night.  So we had to find a pet friendly hotel off base and try and find some dinner at 10 pm after 30 hours of no sleep and traveling.  We ordered delivery pizza. I had a pizza I loved in Alaska with yukon potatoes so I thought OMG it has to be 10x better in Italy.  My first funny experience in Italy.  It came with a huge pile of french fries on it. 

About italygirl


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.