Existing Member?

Film&Photography

My Scholarship entry - My Kind of Adventure

WORLDWIDE | Wednesday, 10 October 2012 | Views [233] | Comments [2] | Scholarship Entry

- At that time I was an associate trainer for youth group’s scheme in film-making. I saw these kids running around in the streets selling chewing gum and having fun. I thought it’s a good idea to provide them with basic training in making and see what kind of film they can come up with. At the beginning, they were interested but then they lost their interest because to them, selling gum makes profit not film-making. I ended up making the film about my experience with them which was really very interesting.

- Prior to making the film, I took a film-making course and participated in making a short film with group. Then I became an assistant to my tutor then an associate in film-making workshops.

- The experience will be the first of its kind for me. Working closely and interacting with well experienced artists from different cultures will open new horizons and will surely contribute to the development of my vision and my style as a young filmmaker.

Also being far from where I live will let me see myself and my people with a different angle and will make me understand more my culture and environment in a wider scope.

Tags: Travel Film Scholarship 2012

Comments

1

Hi there, you might want to recheck your YouTube link as your film is not appearing on your application. - Cheers, Alicia

  scholarships Oct 10, 2012 9:55 AM

2

Hi,
To see my film "The Chewing Gum Gang & I", please go to the following:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3-2gJ8Ka0M

Thanks
Isra'

  Isra' Oct 10, 2012 6:17 PM

About israodeh


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.