Existing Member?

irish_greyhounds

My Scholarship entry - Through Local Eyes

WORLDWIDE | Sunday, 14 October 2012 | Views [191] | Scholarship Entry

Growing up in Massachusetts (USA), I was constantly exposed to negative attitudes towards greyhound racing, which was considered to be a seedy activity in which dogs were overworked and otherwise mistreated.

Here in Ireland, however, the reality of greyhound racing is completely different - and this is what Frank Devenney and I have sought to demonstrate in this short film, for the benefit of foreign visitors to the Emerald Isle!

My previous filmmaking experience may be found at www.catherinefilms.net and www.whitetara.org: since earning a Masters degree in Philanthropy & Media in 2002, I have spent the last ten years working as a volunteer producer/ cameraperson/editor on various social and humanitarian film projects around the world.

My present ambition is to enter the world of travel film in collaboration with my partner, Frank Devenney. An opportunity to work under the guidance of Mr. Trent O'Donnell would therefore be an invaluable learning experience! Our sincere thanks to World Nomads for creating this unique scholarship program.

[Runtime of "It's A Dog's Life": 2:58]

Tags: Travel Film Scholarship 2012

About irish_greyhounds


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.