Existing Member?

Hungry for adventures

"Piece by piece" Or how to visit Prague for 15 €

CZECH REPUBLIC | Sunday, 17 May 2015 | Views [129] | Scholarship Entry

Three Ukrainian friends, 5 minutes for decision, less than a day to prepare.
And now we are standing, full of enthusiasm, on a road E261 with raised thumbs of our right hands up. Half an hour of waiting and finally our first car stopped. Inspired by our first luck, we didn't even have thought that driver's words: "Piece by piece and somehow you will get to Prague" - will be for us as a prediction or as a curse. Therefore, we saw the Czech capital only one day later.
We had to walk through a snow blizzard in the mountains and were terribly afraid of being eaten by wolves. We didn't have enough money, so we had to spend the night in a 3 different ugly bars in godforsaken town full of creepy people. And the worst part began when we had to run away from the street criminals. But thanks to God we were still alive in the morning.
After that fate finally had mercy on us and we spent two unforgettable days in the charming Prague. Our host from Couchsurfing was probably the best in the world, he had an apartment in the heart of the city and was cooking for us delicious meals three times per day, he even paid for us in a bar. About what else can poor students even dream?
Fed up with a beauty of Sudets mountains, we decided to go back by German autobahns. We stopped the car that was going straight to Berlin and driver was listening Ben Howard's last album, so we were the most happiest hitchhiker ever.
But at the finishing line there was one more lion in the way. This time it was the German police (of course hitchhiking on the autobahn is forbidden!). Well, we were lucky, because this time it cost us only a warning. But I think we shouldn't break the law in Germany anymore ever.
So we stocked in an empty gas station just in a hundred kilometers from our home, we were almost desperate. And here it is our luck: the only driver, who drove into this wilderness, to my: "excuse me..." responds in Ukrainian: "guys, where're you going?". It turned out that he's from Donetsk and he was going in the same direction. In two hours we were finally at home.
As a result, we've visited 3 European countries, spend 4 crazy days, stopped 14 cars, met dozens of new people, had hundred interesting conversations, traveled a thousand kilometers long and made a million memories. And it costed us only 15 euros.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About iragambal


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Czech Republic

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.