Existing Member?

On Tamara's voyage

On Tamara's voyage

PERU | Tuesday, 8 September 2015 | Views [1740] | Scholarship Entry

I learned about the World Nomads scholarship on a Friday afternoon and next Tuesday I was flying to Iquitos, the gateway to the Peruvian jungle, to interview Tamara. It was an act of recklessness and courage at the same time, given that this would have been my first serious attempt at transforming stories into moving image. The days I filmed and interviewed demystified what so far I relegated to daydreaming. A good few years, I’ve intuited that the never-ending dialogues I would craft once the external noise has subsided could find escape in cinematic story telling. However, I left that thought to linger and hover as a threatening cloud of what could have been. Wary of falling into cliché, I would interpret getting this scholarship as the final waking call that it’s high time I transformed daydreaming into day&night living.
I’m currently based in Lima, doing my fieldwork in Peru for a PhD in Political Science. Apart from a few scripts and this video, I cannot boast other experience in video making. However, what I can offer to this year’s documentary project is love and knowledge of Latin America, the crave for listening to its diverse stories, and the sensitivity to capture them in a respectful manner.

Tags: 2015 Film Scholarship to Colombia

About ioanaalex


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.