Existing Member?

Discovering our world

Tortizza

ITALY | Saturday, 28 February 2015 | Views [554]

As a student, sometimes, life can get hard, and I am not talking just about because we straggle with too much school work, dissertation or money. Students struggle as well with food, especially those that do not live at home, for various reasons: sometimes we do not have lots of money to buy it, sometimes we are just too lazy to cook and sometimes we do not have time to cook because we need to study. Well, those are my problems pretty much and one day I got a solution.
I am Italian and of course, now you can say that the stereotype is true, I love pizza. Studying in England does not just mean getting a good education, but for me it also means to not eat that good food I would in Italy, and we all know pizza is my home country. So what does an Italian student, in a foreign country, cook when she is craving for pizza and knows it just does not taste the same as it supposed to taste, well she just make her own in 10 minutes from scratch. The idea came when I was tired because I just came back from late practice and starving and feeling like good food. At home I had tomato puree, cheese, ham, tortilla and other stuff that would have taken too long to cook.
First take the tortilla and put on it tomato sauce or puree, then cheese and ham. Basically is done, you just need to cook it now. If you want the tortilla to be crunchy cook the tortizza in the oven, it should take five minutes, or leave it until the cheese is completely melt. If you want something more soft, that you can fold, heat it in the microwave for about the same time. The ham should be put for last after the tortizza has been on the oven for 5 minutes, this is because the ham cook really fast. Of course you can put as much stuff as you want on it!!! Another time I just put mozzarella cheese and cooked in the oven, delicious. This can also be a funny appetizer for your aperitifs.
Well, that’s how in 10 minutes you eat a homemade and great pizza!

 

Tags: england, foreign country, italy, pizza, student, uk, university

 

About intoyourworld


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.