Existing Member?

The Inspiring Sides of Travelling

The Magic of casablanca

MOROCCO | Tuesday, 13 May 2014 | Views [209] | Scholarship Entry

To escape the winter greyness of my area climate, I regularly go to the middle of the country to benefit from full sun . After Rabat , Marrakech and Fez, Casablanca is that city that attracts me. I loved taking pictures of this beautiful city. There is so much to photograph in this city.
Differently from other Moroccan cities I've visited so far, Casablanca stands out especially for its dynamism and for its exceptional architectural heritage where traditional and modern buildings harmoniously coexist . Now I understand why this city is the economic and financial capital of the Kingdom of Morocco . And as it is a very noisy city , people seeking peace and total disorientation may be disappointed with their stay in Casablanca. However, lovers of contemporary urbanism and architecture will be happy to make copies of the famous monuments of the city.
Armed with my Canon compact that I found on the online store Pixmania, I began my photographic trip to Casablanca visiting the famous religious buildings in the city. Among those buildings , there is the Hassan II mosque which the third largest mosque in the world . But now, as the shooting takes place outside , I decided to take pictures of the site at the end of the day. The time for photographing suits me perfectly because the places are crowded . Moreover, this is the time of day that you can play on reliefs , shapes and reflections by exploiting the oblique light.
The next day at the same time , I make pictures of the Notre- Dame -de- Lourdes Cathedral . Built in the fifties , this Shrine is famous for its high front inclined about 27 meters. My biggest concern was to arrive to take the building as a whole. A particularly difficult year that I could get in using panorama shooting . Otherwise, the effects obtained by the technique of wide-angle is also very interesting .
Very satisfied with my photos, I go to the United Nations Plaza , very anxious to see the arches of colored stone , which we heard so much about . Adjacent to the old medina (downtown), the places are crowded . So I had to return the next day in the morning to pass out photographing the 'Place des Nations Unies'.
Fortunately, the architectural monuments of this Moroccan city are not confined only to religious and cultural buildings . Indeed , apart from famous buildings , Casablanca is also full of buildings and homes that deserve attention. I especially enjoyed my walk in the bustling district of Derb Ghallef .

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About inspiringtravels


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Morocco

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.