Existing Member?

Finding adventure in your backyard!

Exploration - It begins at home.

UNITED KINGDOM | Monday, 7 September 2015 | Views [226] | Scholarship Entry

Since my childhood I have been drawn to study of the natural world, enjoying the opportunities to study it academically and through travel and exploration. I've also been fascinated by film - by its ability to connect people around the world, share information, inspire, challenge and encourage. For the past 5 years I have been striving creatively and academically towards toward a goal that combines these two loves; pursuing study in the environmental sciences (two degrees) and making my own TV shows and films - leading hopefully to a career in factual film-making. These years have been incredibly valuable, giving me a real energy to keep making more and more ambitious films but I am desperately looking for a chance to engage, hone and expand my skill set within a more professional context. I've learned every technical film skill myself, using resources around me to help inspire me to find my own style but now I feel I have reached a plateau in what I can do alone. This scholarship provides an amazing opportunity to push myself creatively, by opening up a new challenge and crucially providing direction and support from a professional. Having worked for conservation NGOs across the world too, the chance to tell the story of the local communities within such a biologically important area appears to my academic and creative sensibilities. With Brian's mentorship my storytelling flair and technical prowess with only increase. It's what I need to keep moving forward.

Tags: 2015 Film Scholarship to Colombia

About inspirationthroughexploration


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.