Existing Member?

Meet and connect with people through travelling, search for stories, demonstrate love of life.

The far near

FRANCE | Friday, 9 May 2014 | Views [148] | Scholarship Entry

I am a Chinese girl, born and grew up in mainland China, took airplane for the first time at the age of 21, had my first trip outside of my country 4 years later. In the summer of 2009, I landed in south of France with my boyfriend at the time. It was for holiday and it was just fabulous. we went back to Shanghai with only good memories.

Two years later, he was took away by an accident.

One afternoon, I lost the world and not long after, it had nearly lost me. I stayed in hospital, thinking, day and night, about my family and my life. I survived. When I left the hospital, I wrote him a little note, about how I feel and what I think I should do in my life.

I quitted the job, stayed with my parents for a while in my hometown in Xi An, then went back to Shanghai. I closed myself in a room of a friend’s place for two months, got out only for eating and exercising. I passed GMAT, TOEFL and prepared all the essays and documents for a MBA study in France, in Lyon.

I told my friend that I would leave for a year, maybe two or three, time that I need to think.

It’s been two and half year that I live in Lyon, France. I graduated with honours, spoke the language, got a job and stayed.

And I travel, have already been to most of the European cities, I am making my list of cities to return. Return not for the city itself, but more for the people whom I have met during my journey. Beautiful souls and lovely smiles that have touched me with their unique stories and made me remember the love of life, even in its difficult time.

They are the stars, and I am in search of them, they seem to be far, but I know it’s not true, they are actually just right there, right nearby.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About insearchforstar


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.