Existing Member?

Be Healthy and Go Travelling

Sri Gethuk Waterfall, Another Paradise of Gunungki

INDONESIA | Thursday, 15 May 2014 | Views [307] | Scholarship Entry

March 12, 2013
Holiday. Travelling. Yeay!
Here we go….
It is not a secret if Gunungkidul is famous for its beautiful natural panorama. Gunungkidul, one of the regencies in the province of Daerah Istimewa Yogyakarta (DIY) or Yogyakarta Special Region, can be said as a heaven for the travellers. Why not? It is because Gunungkidul has many beaches that some of them are still “virgin” since they have not been touched by humans. Well, wait! Forget about the beaches with white sand, blue water, and the reefs. This article deals with another paradise of Gunungkidul, Sri Gethuk waterfall.
Sri Gethuk waterfall is located in Bleberan village. The visitors can get there by car, motorcycle, and bus. At that time, my friends and I chose to go there by motorcycles and it took 2 hours from Yogyakarta. The trip was very challenging our adrenaline with narrow streets winding up and down. But, no problem. All of the challenges had been paid by our arrival at the waterfall. Entering the area of Sri Gethuk waterfall, we had to pay Rp 5,000. Next, by paying Rp 10,000, we could reach the location of the waterfall by raft.
Ouch! There were various visitors in Sri Gethuk waterfall, including the kids, teenagers, and adults. We thought that we did not take the right time to visit Sri Gethuk waterfall because it was Nyepi or Silence Day. In Indonesia, Nyepi is the feast day of Hindus, and it is a national holiday. Although it was Nyepi and the Hindus were not allowed to do anything, the tourism destinations in Yogyakarta were still crowded of the visitors. It was because most of the citizens are Muslim.
Arriving at the waterfall, I did not think twice to put off my glasses, my bag, and my sandals, and stood under the waterfall. Do not miss the best moment when you visit a tourism destination offering water, water, and water everywhere. Put off your hat, your glasses, your bag, and your sandals and let your body feel the water. Do not be afraid of getting wet. You have to be fit of course because being sick will limit you to do anything. Another sensation of visiting Sri Gethuk waterfall was I could scream as loud as I wanted. AAAAAAAAA!!!

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About indonesiaisnotonlybali


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.