Existing Member?

Shitscared and headfirst into Chaos

Meteora, not just a Linkin Park Album

GREECE | Wednesday, 26 September 2007 | Views [503] | Comments [1]

Once again it's been a long time since i have written on this blog. I've been getting around Greece a bit and it's been pretty good on the whole. After Santorini we went to Crete, and the only way i can describe the place is Godforsaken Hellhole. Weeeell i suppose it's not that bad, just as boring as bat shit, with Poms coming out of the seams. If you were to have a car it could be an okay place, but without one, well you would have more fun basting yourself like a turkey and sitting in an oven. I felt pretty cantankerous when we hit there though, as the symptoms of dodgy greece started to pop up like unchecked weeds as soon as we arrived. For instance, example 1.... 30 mins after getting a taxi that we had booked to Koutaloufari, the price we booked was 32 euro, we found out upon arriving that it should have cost 22. Example 2... we hop out of said taxi and proceed to checkin.... " oho sorry we have booked out your room, but if you pay the same price we will take you a dodgy place up the road overflowing with loud pom backpackers where you can lie down but not really sleep. Tommorow we will pick you up and take you to your real place. Have fun while we shaft you and give you no other option at 11 o'clock at night. Pleasant dreams in Crete." If there is one thing i can't stand in the world it's bloody double booking. There shoould be a clause in every client contract, the client upon said event, should be allowed to use the offending receptionists head like a punching bag. The world would be a much better place. The client would have vented their frustration, and the receptionist would have learnt the valuable lesson of never trying to pull that shit again.

Anyway i could give pages of dodgy greek events, like floating prices, unlisted prices, hidden charges and all other symptoms of the European community, but frankly i'm over it. They can all suck my balls... sorry for that lewd colloquialism, but i believe that Australia should join in the game and create a special tax called "The Dodgy Tourist Tax Reform: where we gouge members of the international community for all they are worth with no remorse." For gods sake, i'm in the land of Feta cheese and Olives, and i have to pay more here than i do back home, are you shitting me? Other items and expenses i can understand, but thats insane, considering that there is an over abundance of the stuff. The equivalent in Austalia would be to charge people $6 for a small lamington and $10 for half a vegemite sandwichand to make sure that these are the only things you have in your stores. C'mon Australia, get in the game!!! Admittedly though Greece can be pretty cheap, eating out is very nice if you can handle eating a lot of oil. Fortunately i can, but it does get to you. If you like low fat rabbit food, there won't be a lot of love for you in Greece.

Anyway people, i now have a confirmed date of return. I am no longer going to work in Engalnd as it was turning out to be a bit of a pain in the bottom. So after seeing the big Sista i'll be heading over to Ireland for a couple of days and then to Scotland. After back to Juannie and then a full charge across time zones to Canada. Yay!!!!!! 10 days or so there then down to Hawaii to peer at volcanoes and surf. After 2 weeks there i'll be heading back to Oz and hitting Sydney on Nov 15th. I'll probably sleep for about a week and then flyup to see mum and dad, so Gav keep an eye out. I should be irritating the crap out of you sometime soon, knocking on you door, or yelling down your phone line like the unreasoning lout i can be.

Tags: Misadventures

Comments

1


heya punk when can i get my money back muahahahahahahah

OH AND PUT SOME PICS UP YOU LAZY BASTARD

  Yes now your soul Is mine muhahahahahahahah!!!! Oct 1, 2007 6:45 PM

About incarna


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Greece

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.