Existing Member?

Beyond Horizon

A Characteristic of Freedom

INDIA | Tuesday, 8 September 2015 | Views [436] | Scholarship Entry

I'm a former Urban Planner, swimming my way across in the ocean of film making. I quit my job at the age of 24, because my comfort zone was making me lazy. Once I was out there in the world of unwanted questions from the so called concerned people, I realized that although I wasn't earning any money, I was still accomplishing big things; the construction of our new house was completed under my supervision, my first novel was completed and published after spending 3years of life and 4months of salary on it, and then I came across this contest about a week ago, it was about time when I was going to begin working on my creative portfolio, and today I ended up making my first ever documentary film and it was beyond my expectations. Maybe because I had started to underestimate myself because of the gap I had relative to my previous film works. Film making has not been my profession yet, but the joy I had while making this documentary, was way more than the feeling of accomplishment when it was finally uploaded in YouTube, because once your work is in public domain, it no longer belongs to you. I simply don’t know what this scholarship would mean to me, but I came to know about this quite in the right time, when I was really in need of motivation. I was born in a township of 5000 people, I had not seen a car until I was 5, but somehow those insecurities couldn't bind me and I am living a life of my choice. Although there's struggle, there's beauty, and my passion defines me.

Tags: 2015 Film Scholarship to Colombia

About imdiyu


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.