Existing Member?

All in a lifetime's work.

Christmas cheer.

USA | Thursday, 5 January 2012 | Views [533]

Merry Christmas!

 

The Christmas Season  was fantastic. I am grateful that my managers allowed me four days to be able to spend with my family. While sleep was rare to come by, I recharged my batteries and caught up on stories by sitting around dinner tables and walking down snowy sidestreets of small-town NY. It was wonderful. I even passed time holding Grandmal´s hand as I had a toenail removed! She was a trooper helping me sort through the doctor´s sarcasm and then recounting the funny story to Grandpap!

 

I am very much looking forward to returning to NY in about ONE WEEK with P! It feels odd to me to go almost 9 months without being able to get back to NY and then I am there twice in about two weeks but I won´t complain J

 

The kitties stayed at my apartment while I was gone and they had a field day with my tree. The tree was still standing but I was surprised there were still needles on it because it seemed that they were everywhere! They were so content hanging out with each other while I was gone that they could not have cared less that I returned home for about the first 4 hours. At least I had time to unpack!

 

The reporting project that was assigned to me at work by the Regional Director has started in full swing. I made the decision to send the report out myself instead of sending it to a financial analyst to distribute for me and have been pleasantly surprised with the new challenge it has provided me. It helps keep me driven at work and is a critical talking point in interviews.

 

I received word Wednesday that I have a 3rd round interview with HR for the Financial Analyst position that I applied for about a week prior to Christmas. It is a phone interview and I am not entirely sure what to expect. It is coming at a great time because there has been quite a shake up in my district as the location I am currently positioned at is being strategically closed. While my job is not in jeopardy because I am a district employee, it will be a welcomed change of pace. I am praying so hard that I get this position! I am ready to have a M-F 9-5.

 

New Years was a lot of fun. P had a small get-together at his place with dips galore! He must have had about 5 different dips for veggies, chips and crackers. He doesn´t always let on but he is a quite a good cook! We played a game called Quelf. It is the most random board game you will ever play!! You roll a dice, move your player that many spaces and select the coresponding color card. The topics range from being given a rule, category, stunt, performance or quiz. I have not laughed so hard in such a long time. It was great.

 

 Today, my first of two days off this week, I was busy cooking up a storm! I made two pans of spinach eggplan lasanga, blueberry vanilla frozen yogurt, frozen yogurt banana pops/kebabs, cupcakes and I am still in the process of making egg salad, blueberry muffins and pomogranate frozen yogurt. Mmmm MM! Amongst my many resolutions for the new year, I am vowing to be more mindful of my budget and eat healthier. It is such a temptation to eat out (and junk food at that!) with an odd work schedule so I am trying to cook in mass quantities to always have something healthy prepared for me. I´d say this is a good start!

I need to finish preparing for my interview. I hope you all had as wonderful and warm of a Christmas as I did. All of my love from Chicago!

About imatravelin


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.