Existing Member?

Welp, yay!

sweet

USA | Thursday, 10 July 2008 | Views [378] | Comments [3]

Well, been spending the past few days getting ready to leave and hanging out with my fam. Court's been showing me her acting skills, which are pretty good.  Was kind of nervous yesterday, but today I have just enough adrenaline to make me alert and eager, but not enough to be unpleasant. I leave from Boston tomorrow morning and get into Istanbul 10 am the next day, Istanbul time. Mmm, 7 hours different from east coast US time. Istanbul's a gigantic city, but Turkey is just so orange-seeming in my mind that I can't imagine much beyond that. We will see! Boiled and reworked my hiking boots again so they won't cause the bone spurs on the back of my heels to grow any larger. Packed for Madison so I can sleep instead of pack during the 6 hours I'll be home between field camp and grad school. Hung out by the rocky ocean with Haley.  Other than that, I think everything should be ok, unless I get horribly lost somewhere. Don't worry Mama. Okee doke, goin to do the things I forgot to do.

Comments

1

Have a safe flight kiddo :) Orange and brown are the colors to look for. Plenty of crevaces for you to explore. Have a wonderful time, I know you will. I will be looking forward to talking to you soon.

Beely

  Beely Jul 11, 2008 6:14 PM

2

oh how exciting! Hope you have th best time!
And that sounds painful... bone spurs. take good care dearie

  Kim Jul 11, 2008 10:28 PM

3

Hey! have a great time! I am so excited for you!!

  alysha Jul 13, 2008 5:00 AM

About imalivewhen


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.