Existing Member?

Look around

To change my mind, to change my world

THAILAND | Thursday, 15 May 2014 | Views [127] | Scholarship Entry

“Miss? Is it your dog?”
I’m turning my head trying to find the owner of a soft voice with explicit Mexican accent and see the 25-years woman. Definitely Mexican. She is sitting on sand in a couple of meters from me, moving the view from me to the sea and tenderly smiling.
“I’m sorry, the dog?”
I’m not absolutely sure if she is talking to me, but the next group of Thais is about 10 meters far from us, so I’m half surprised and half glad that I have an interlocutor on this island. I was sitting on the beach last couple of hours, playing my ukulele and waiting for sunset, which is incredible on this side of Phuket, if to believe gossips and travel brochures. So I almost forgot that people could talk to me for this period.
“Yes, the dog. You’re playing for your dog?”
Not absolutely sure what I’m expecting to see, I’m turning my head back and see the old sleeping dog, laying so close to me, that its nose almost touching my back. I always enjoyed seeing people, living together with nature; all these stories about homeless, sharing their last food with pets inspired me. And now it was me. I was staring at the dog not less than 5 minutes, thinking about the Life. Of course, I fed a lot of animals during all these days of living in Thailand and maybe I became so famous among theme that my listener just remembered me and wanted to get some food, but I could bet that it was something else.
My Mexican friend was still sitting there in silence, looking at sea waves and little children, running around their parents. Sunset started just a minute ago and the sky was all in pink and red clouds, even the air around us looked brighter. I had nothing to do but to continue playing my little guitar.
There’re some moments in the life when you revise your point of view on everything. Or you just take the life right the way it is, being sure that it is the best way. Anyway, you have something like bifurcation point, changing your world unrecognizably. For me that evening was exactly this point. How did I end up here? I never saw any dog coming to people just to listen to The Beatles before. I could imagine that the dog was my talent, and the Mexican was my Sign of vital Point. Or it was protection from my fears and she was the spirit of warrior I always needed. Or they both were my Destiny.
No matter, how I ended up there, maybe this evening never existed; it was something that changed my Life forever. It was my magical Moment.

And yes, sunset there is really amazing.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About imagination


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.