Existing Member?

Notes from the road

Three weeks in Rome

ITALY | Wednesday, 28 August 2013 | Views [374]

Our over three weeks in Rome is ending. We are off to Napoli and the Amalfi Coast and then we will see.

Over funny circumstances we found an appartment in San Lorenzo that we rented out for three weeks but because was so hard to leave we extended it a bit. We met the family that we rented the appartment from on the ferry from Greece to Italy. They pretty much adopted us!Imagine true southern hospitality!

During these 3 weeks we lived like Romans and soaked in the Italian life. It was a romantic stay alla Romana. We met quite a few people mostly through Warm Showers that introduced us to other cyclist. The people we met were so interesting, one guy Alessaandro that we ended upo hanging out pretty much every night with is a geologist and works for European Space Administration, such a cool guy, then he introduced us to his friend a cyclist who traveled with a circus through Asia for 3 1/2 years on his bike. 

So we ended up doing a 5 am bike ride through the city, watching the sun rise over Rome, a bike ride through the Antic Appia road, parties and lots of get togheters. It was just great! People made it memorable!

We came to a conclusion that Rome is the emost beautiful city that we have ever seen. Many times it felt too overwhealming, just too beautiful but then I started breaking it down to neighbourhoods and discovering the little alley ways. Every where we looked it was beautiful!

Pressure is up now so I have to run to catch the train for Napoli but we should be back in the States in the middle or end of September. We miss our amazing friends and family a lot and we are looking forward to seeing you!!!

About ildikok


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.