Existing Member?

a little thing for everyone

My Scholarship Entry - Seeing the world through other eyes

WORLDWIDE | Monday, 16 April 2012 | Views [318] | Scholarship Entry

it was a really hot day, my friends and I was on a way back home from a beach not-so-near from the main city. way back home felt so far, because it is, but the biggest problem is that all of us is desperately starving. everybody know that all food that being sell near the beach is s expensive and had no taste to expect from. but we are leaving for the beach early in the morning that some of us didn't had a time for breakfast. and no need to tell you that the journey take about two hours by motorcycle, and don't forget the hot sunny day.  after a long way from the beach, in a middle of nowhere, somehow we found a restaurant. strangely its located in a middle of a rice field, looks a bit ugly, and not so welcoming. but our stomach can bare any more miles without food, so we decided to give it a try. we step in, and everything get more weird. we were the only costumer there, but I was thinking optimistic and thought it was normal due to it was not the time for lunch.  we asked for the menu, and decide to take about a kilogram of squid and make it into two separate serving, and some other food, I forgot what the name was but some kind of local salad. I were not expecting to much on the squid, you know when you come on a strange place for food, don't expect to much of the taste and the price.   but when the squid we order was come, every things revealed. the squid turn out to be so delicious, and so tasty. although one of my friend keep complaining about it because its not so spicy while one of the other said it was so hot and to much soy sauce. but basically its just fine for all six of us. not only the food was tasty and meet all of our tongue but its also connecting all of us, we had a great time over there. big big thanks for the restaurant owner, we really owe you. its really teach me not to judge book by its cover.  we spent about an hour and half back at the restaurant, but all that time, we still the only customer there. so strange restaurant.

Tags: travel writing scholarship 2012

About ihsanulamal


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.