Existing Member?

theo

My Video scholarship 2010 entry

WORLDWIDE | Saturday, 19 June 2010 | Views [404] | Scholarship Entry

This short movie is a trailer of a full-length documentary I intend to shoot next year in Greece. Last year while I was shooting my graduation film "Kostakis"(documentary, 26min, Greece) on the greek mount of Pilio I felt that the ideology and practices of  the people who live there are very interesting as a good example of ecological way of living. Being totally developed financially and technologically their connection with nature and animals is a conscious choice. At the same time listening to some people coming from a totally urban background fighting against the hunting of wild animals I got really interested in researching on how these two parties could relate, since deep inside, ecology is their common ground. The shots I have till now come from the footage of my graduation film, shot with an HDV handycam. As a documentary filmmaker I aim at using my camera to research and comment on the issues that catch my interest, which on this period of my life relate mostly with socio-politics and the difficult goal of maintaining peace with ourselves and the environment while globalization is exploding.

Tags: 2010 travel video scholarship

About idea


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.