Existing Member?

Donna's travels

2 down, 3 to go

VIETNAM | Wednesday, 26 March 2008 | Views [547] | Comments [2]

Tonight is our second "final group dinner". The first time we only lost the leader, but this time we lose 3 members of the group. 1 other girl went home the day before yesterday because she ran out of money. We get 3 new people though, so that will be interesting.


I didn't particularly like Hue. The motorbike ride was fun (though the stops along the way were pretty boring) and we got a decent lunch at a nunnary too. We just got back from Halong Bay this afternoon. It was quite pretty, but the weather was pretty bad so we couldn't swim. We went kyacking this morning though, which was nice. I think the rainy weather might have been better for that because we didn't get sun burnt or anything.

We're off to Vinh tomorrow, then we cross the border into Laos and have a 12 or so hour bus ride to Vientane. I think I'll buy some cards or something before we leave Hanoi.

Comments

1

maybe sleep on the bus? still have the tree houses and the elephants to see yet - can't wait to hear about those.
At work I have finally got some one to help me even though its only for 6 month contract - it's Tom Worrall.
Today they setup the online payment processing with the bank which is so much faster - I might even clear the backlog before i go on holidays.
c ya

  d Mar 27, 2008 10:11 PM

2

Is that the 12 hour bus ride from hell? or was that the trip from HCMC into Laos?

Enjoy the pot holes!

  Grant Mar 28, 2008 10:00 AM

About ickis


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.