Existing Member?

5 days of heaven

My own adventure

PALESTINE | Sunday, 4 May 2014 | Views [130] | Scholarship Entry

I always loved to travel since i was a little kid. But there was always a reason to stop me from traveling whether it was my school or my parent's financial situation or finally..living in Gaza strip. I was raised in Dubai but five years ago i moved to Gaza strip to study college since my parents couldn't afford my education in Dubai. This might seems normal to you if you don't know Gaza strip but if you do know it you will know that i moved to the largest prison in the world. And for a guy like me with big dreams, not being able to leave a 42 kilometers area crushed my dreams.For the past 5 years i comforted my self every time i thought about traveling with the fact that i am here to do a mission which is getting my degree in civil engineering. After those five long years i got my degree and since i did I've been trying to leave to start my journey but i couldn't due to some political issues. That crushed my soul till one day i said to my self 'if i want to travel the world i must travel those 42 kilometers by foot'. I grabbed my backpack, filled it with some items i needed and i hit the road. I made sure not to take any electronic device or a cell phone or anything that would distract me from finding my self. I kid you not when i say that in these 5 days i spent on the road i didn't just find my self, i found the beauty of simple people, simple life and and the joy of creating my own adventure out of nothing.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About ibrahim


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Palestine

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.