Existing Member?

Footloose

spring in Holland

NETHERLANDS | Wednesday, 16 April 2008 | Views [309]

Tues 15 April

Here we are in Enschede, Holland with our friends Andy & Eva.

All our travel connections worked!

On Fri night in Seoul we strolled through the night markets and had a good sleep in before
flying on to London.

We circled twice waiting to land, but were rewarded with sweeping views over Thames, Tower, Parliament. The fast train took us to Paddington, changed to Circle line for Liverprool St, then almost straight onto a train to catch our ferry to Holland.


While waiting for the next connection we found a platform pub with time for first English ale of the trip (the locals were ordering Fosters – multiculturlism at work eh). We alighted from our final train of the night at Harwich, a very busy container port, to board a huge ferry for Holland. phew, made it – flopped in comfy cabin and needed no rocking.


After a quick brekkie on board we were ready for another morning of train hopping across Holland. We are now getting quite adept now at handling Gs case of bike and other gear and Js bag of bike etc + 2 panniers + 2 handle bar bags.


On arrival at Enschede farmer Andy picked us up in his vintage open topped land rover with plenty of room in the hay trailer for all our bags. We had plenty of fresh air on our ride to Andy & Evas place.


We have ridden into town and toured the old town and an area being redeveloped with very imaginative architecture after a fireworks factory explosion destroyed a huge area in 2000.

Spring is still starting here, with a few blossoms and new leaves showing, but still pretty cool overcast and showry. From the kitchen window we are watching the new seasons lambs in Andy & Evas home field. We have helped shepherd them into the barn. Physio Gerda taped up the leg of a lamb with a misaligned leg.

cheers

Gerda & Jeff



About ibbo


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Netherlands

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.