Existing Member?

Inspiration in Rain

Schönbrunn

AUSTRIA | Wednesday, 27 May 2015 | Views [168] | Scholarship Entry

When my connection with this city was at the peak that was the moment when this magnificent city decided to unveil its magic as I got out of the u-bahn and walked right until I saw the golden building. That is the place where the gate opens.
I took the walk of the walk until I glanced at the man glittering into the gold paint, I saw him standing on something, I looked up at him and only then I realized I faced Amadeus as the rain pored from the Viennese sky. And there I stood as Amadeus surrounded me with the magic of his music, I did actually hear his music as the raindrops hit against the ground.
I looked to my left side and there it was. I saw the gate. I entered and the most spectacular view opened in front of me. Apart of the visual wonders, the magnitude of its aura enchained me for once and forever. When I think of it now, there was something special, something Viennese lighted up with the power of inspiration.
I continued walking, rain was getting heavier, but it didn’t matter anymore, I turned right and another stunning view was there, beautiful roses, nurtured bushes, green pavilion, and many fountains. It seemed as if though the bushes made separate rooms for each fountain and took me back to some fairy tales from the early childhood.
I continued my way, more beauty exposed to me as I walked further. I reached the back garden, and I saw the Gloriette high on the hill not that far from me. The distance was covered with the flower carpets, clearly structured like the queen was about to take a walk. As I almost bowed, the sculptures from Greek mythology symmetrically lined and telling their own story caught the eye. I recall one of them holding the plate full of fruits—must have been the sign of hospitality.
Next, I noticed other sections of the place, trees separated them, they looked like labyrinths where each one of the ends had a beautiful place as a reward for the player. I glimpsed Sissi walking around this place with her long hair, slim waist and enormously big gown. The feeling was the perfect justification why every girl wants to be the princess.
Rain got heavier, again, I turned back to the gates, wishing the sun was around so I could spend some more time there with Sissi; but I suddenly realized that this place was magnificent even without the sun around. The spring did not seem to give up in its beauty contest with the Schönbrunn Palace.
Vienna is timeless, it is eternal, it revives, connects and inspires. I will come back.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About ianamais


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Austria

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.