Existing Member?

taste of life

My Amsterdam

NETHERLANDS | Tuesday, 17 April 2012 | Views [392]

 

He was my North, South, my West and East... I've heard so much about him and imagined myself there so many times. Amsterdam met me with sun and rain, he was opening his best and worth parts to me. 

Every traveler opens his own Amsterdam and leaves it with different impressions - but always excited and dreaming about coming back. In my memory this city will always stay in a morning fog, smelling with  tulips and marijuana. Pictures of Van Gogh and Red Lights District...

Beautiful girls selling themselves through the window shops, crowds of tourists watching them and the old cathedral just two steps from the Red District - probably to pray for the sin after.

Amsterdam doesn't look like typical capital of the country with wide prospects and skyscrapers. It's rather a lovely province city where you know by name a postman, backer and cheese seller. For me this city will always be an association with a bicycle - yes, I think I should learn how to ride it!

The city of freedom, but not lust; it looks rather natural when people smoke marijuana, go to coffee shops, magic mushroom shops and to Red District. However, with all these freedoms, city is very secure - you can even sleep in the park with no problems.

Free, safe and extremely beautiful. Still, after one month can't get it out of my head - houses looking like chocolates and never ending canals. As a famous poem says "...nothing can ever happen twice" - but I still hope, that one fine day I'll see him again.

                                                                                  by Iana 

Tags: amsterdam, netherlands

About iana1986


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Netherlands

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.