Existing Member?

take the first step, and it will change everything

Q: Define happiness? A: P-H-I-L-I-P-P-I-N-E-S

PHILIPPINES | Friday, 2 May 2014 | Views [281] | Scholarship Entry

Philippines - the pearl of the orient sea. My own beloved home country. The place where i was born, grew up and matured. It is where i have tasted my first success and failure, first hellos and goodbyes to a friend and loved ones, first love and heartaches. It is where most of the fun, exciting and good momeries have been created. Its is where I have experienced my first swim and dive. The adventure of boating, island hopping, fishing and snorkling. The adrenaline rush of hanging on a zipline, mountain climbing, biking and running. The feeling of having fun and hoping it wont end. Having fun which is getting wet, dirty or even stinky and you even didnt care. My feet may have not yet been landed to all of its 7,100 islands but my eyes witnessed most of its beauty. Its a living paradise. A wonder of nature. A truelly amazing creation of God. Treasures are hidden on its oceans, seas and mountains. A treasure that will keep on your memories and worth rememebering during your existence.
Oh I miss the crazy things,like the floody drinks and unending parties during special occasions and holidays. Food trips and musics everywhere during festivals. Dancing and singing on the streets. Laughing til my stomach aches. But you know what is the most that i miss? Aside from my family and friends, it is the people on my country, the Filipinos. Yes, there`s no place like home but no tourist and foreigners would dare to say that once they are already landed in my country. Cause right from the moment they have step out of the plane, a smiling, warm hello, comforting and assisting Pinoy will be there right away. The hospitality, the hommy feeling, the fun and excitement, everything will indeed worth travelling.
Its the place where in, it will give you a special space in your hearts and memories. An experience, that when you are reminiscing, that even years had past since then, it will still give you smile on your face.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About iamdadreamcatcher


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Philippines

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.