Existing Member?

Let the journey begin!

The First Flew of a Bird in Hong Kong

HONG KONG | Wednesday, 14 May 2014 | Views [197] | Scholarship Entry

As from 5 years ago from now, my fascination to the countries in East Asia growing over time, especially to China, Hong Kong and North Korea. Its not just about economics matter, but also how the strong traditional philosophy implemented in civilized life and stateless becomes a selling point of those countries.

Thanks to an airline promos recommended by my girlfriend, I had the opportunity to go to Hong Kong with very cheap price, which is only 50 USD for a return ticket. Actually this is my experience abroad for the first time as well for the fly. It's a great experience to me, so there's no reason for me to be able to forget this experience. What a wonderful times.

My watch show me 23:00 and I had to catch a flight in the next 45 minutes. After passing some standard checks at the airport, I got on the plane on time. Promptly at 5:50, the plane landed at the international airport of Hong Kong. Views of the magnificent buildings around the airport plus trimmings in the form of planes from a variety of world class airlines is waiting to fly, convince me that Hong Kong is not a small town that can not be taken into account, but rather the opposite.

Hong Kong is not an unfamiliar name in the ears of Indonesian like me, thousands of migrant workers were sent there annually. Moreover, some of the world iconic figures such as Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan was born here. Likewise, when stepped the ground here, forcing me to remember the existing scenes in the Police Story film. Typical of old Chinese architecture wrapped modern life became common sight here. And when in the train journey from the airport to Kowloon, I could not forget how beautiful the South China Sea are that is passed as welcoming with its blue. One other thing which I was lucky to get it when I can meet with a staff from one of Asia's largest lifestyle magazine, Hypebeast. At that time, I had the opportunity to interview and conduct a comparative study with what Hypebeast has been done.

The morning view here in Kowloon is very memorable and never failed me. How people meet pedestrian path while taking newspapers which distributed free of charge, crowds of fast food restaurant that offer cheap breakfast package and also the shops which not yet open and the newly-opened around noon. How could I forget those beautiful experiences, I never can be. Such birds could never forget her first experience to fly and learn new things, it will only happen if the bird had stopped breathing.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About hverrdeyt


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Hong Kong

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.