Existing Member?

The inner-space adventure

My Travel Writing Scholarship 2011 entry - My Big Adventure

VIETNAM | Thursday, 24 March 2011 | Views [238] | Scholarship Entry

Moving

Moving

I unconditionally and blindly love my country. That is why I decided to spend most of my time traveling through my nation. I have spent time in more than 20 provinces absorbing the beauty of the areas. The beauty is something that naturally absorbs me while my heart opens to it. I have been strongly touched by flowers, smiles, foods, sunshine, melodies, coolness, warmness, solitude, being with others, sadness, joy, peace, competitiveness, pagodas, Buddha, God. I love these beauties. And I know someday I will need to do something to express my appreciation of it to the world.
But before I can do that, I was seriously detected by missing the places I have visited. I strongly “feel” the existence of these locations in me. Simultaneously, I feel helpless to let it pour out. It seemed like my experience with these beauties was un-share-able. These beauties invaded me and stayed there. It becomes worse when I get back to my big and busy hometown. I feel that people in this city have forgotten about beauty. The beauty seems to be something very unfamiliar to them. And it seems like I was the only one to understand my story. The worst of the injury is a feeling of helplessness and loneliness that later becomes real physical hurt on my body. I cry without reason. My heart feels pain. I almost give up and sometimes I have thoughts of death.
But then, I try some silence. I stay in silence and maintain the silence as long as I wish. And then, I see that my body starts moving. I am moving like a dancer, but not really a dancer. I am moving like I am the flower I have seen, like the beauties I have experienced. And I feel a strong connection between my inner-space with the beauties that have touched me. I feel them in me. And from me, I show them.
I believe in the beauty. I believe it is possible to absorb it into oneself. And I believe the absorbed can shape your life and love. I treasure all the trips that gave me the experience of all kinds of beauties that I have encountered. I treasure the adventure inside me to absorbing these beauties and expressing them with my body.

Travel more. Absorb more. Live more. Love more.

Tags: #2011writing, travel writing scholarship 2011

About huongdt

the journey

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.