Existing Member?

World Folktales

Privet Moscow

RUSSIAN FEDERATION | Tuesday, 20 March 2012 | Views [1337]

The iconic Saint Basil's Cathedral

The iconic Saint Basil's Cathedral

Privet is what I said when I entered Moscow and the beautiful Saint Basil's Cathedral. I remembered when they were communist and the native people are very pessimistic and do not express hope in any way. I learned from one family that live in the urban environment that most families there have only one kid and their relatives in the rural area have multiple kids and they help out a lot. I noticed that most housing in Moscow are high-rise apartments and most extended family live together. I took a tour of Moscow and they said that Russia is twice the size of America! They also said that people eat caviar as a treat and the kids spend time watching TV. I also heard that the winters there are 9 months long and Russia is rich in oil, coal, and diamonds. I tried reading a newspaper but couldn’t, so a local read it to me and it said that America was spending 50 million dollars to change Russia into a democracy. As I was walking to me hotel I heard an old men tell a smallpart of the lute player, he said that a great king was at war and was captured, the wife cut her hair like a boy's and played the lute to impress the evil lord. She was invited and rewarded with a gift, she chose her husband and they sailed home and lived happily ever after. Then the old man wispered the moral,"protect the ones you love". When I left for the airport the next morning I noticed the time difference from here to America is 9 hours, really confusing.

About hstrutz24


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Russian Federation

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.