Existing Member?

World In My Words

My Scholarship entry - Seeing the world through other eyes

WORLDWIDE | Sunday, 22 April 2012 | Views [265] | Scholarship Entry

Since I was a child my father always took me to accompany him to watch scientific channels on television. It was kinda weird because as a girl who is 5 years old, I supposed to watch something fun such as Sesame Street or Disney Club instead of Loi Krathong Festival in Thailand. But it made me feel quite interested, even I did not understand too much my father kept tell me, “So this is the world outside. You gotta find out and see it by yourself someday”.

As I grew up, sometimes my father bought me books or magazine about adventure and traveling. When most of teenagers spend their time by reading comic or watching romantic movie, I felt sink with articles about archaeological sites in Egypt, Great Barrier Reef in Australia, or Seven Summits Expedition. It made me feels like I’m in the journey, like I’ve seen the world from it. And I got my passion and determination. I should be there someday. I have to see them by my own eyes. I’m dying to know more.

And today, at my age now, I love everything about traveling and writing, even too much. My goal is to be a travel writer. I want to be like people who the video I watched or the articles I read in my past. I want to be like them. I want them to read my journey and see the world through my eyes and my write like when I was a child. And to teach them that the world is a big place and we have seen only the small part of it, although might not finished in one life journey. It will be a very nice feel to share the stories and experiences to others. That's why I want to make my life precious with that mission. I want to feel it. Explore it.

Tags: Travel Writing Scholarship 2012

About homeinmybackpack


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.