Existing Member?

Tales of a Skytrekker

Iceland: Rough, Rugged and Ravishing

ICELAND | Monday, 30 December 2013 | Views [946]

I have rarely fallen in love with anything. At best, I get a fleeting moment of obsession. It sometimes may last a couple of weeks, months… Sometimes a couple of years…  Until another spark of madness sweeps this flickering interest deep inside one of the multiple drawers that make up my mind. And my attention snaps. It forgets its first focus, half-heatedly promising itself that all will be accomplished in due time, which of course never comes.
However, a constant to my bohemian ways is a persisting fascination for the Arctic, and by the wrathful, frighteningly beautiful Iceland.

Welcome to Reykjavik

 

Modern Drakkar

From Hekla, the volcanic clock, we travel south to the psychedelic swirls of the Landmannalaugar. We can, over a ten-day trek, get ourselves a return trip to the Moon, then land back on earth among the endless glaciers of the Wild North; From there, our hike will take us back to the primordial Earth, through a desert of fumaroles, geysers and boiling mud, before reaching an impressionist delicacy where layers of blood orange, golden lemon and ripe pistachio undulate under the ozone blue.

On Hekla

Through a Volcanic Desert

Lost Hikers

Among Solfatars

Through Danger

Alone in the Mountains

Iceland

Through Colours

At Hell's Gates

Misty Mountains

Rough, rugged and ravishing, Iceland obsesses the bold and terrifies the sane.

http://tales-of-a-skytrekker.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/iceland-rough-rugged-and-ravishing.html

 

 

Travel Answers about Iceland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.