Existing Member?

Hong Kong 2012 am Lucy, I am writing this journal to keep track of the current holiday I am on, in Hong Kong! I am staying here for two weeks with my uncle and cousin in their apartment, which has a lovely view directly above the Marina! So much to do in such lil time!

So far!

HONG KONG | Tuesday, 26 June 2012 | Views [757]

Today has been Mum and I's 5th day in Hong Kong! It has been a great experience so far, despite the hot sticky and unbearable weather (that we are not used to!) The journey as a whole was good and went rather quickly in comparison so what I expected! There was a one hour delay at Beijing, but that wasn't bad. The following day, the 4 of us went on a huge hike. It wasn't exactly ideal, as Mum and I (mainly me) had jet lag and was suffering from tiredness and the heat. It was quite funny however. 3rd day running we had a nice relaxing day! We just chilled out and played a small game of monopoly, then Jessica and I went swimming for a 'late night swim.' On the 4th day, Kevin and Jessica were back at school so mum, Gloria (their helper/maid) and I went out to South Horizans and Aberdeen. It was nice because she was really lovely and she knew where to go etc. The 3 of us went for a starbucks, they had a coffee and I had a passion fiesta juice. Nothing was brought except our McDonnalds which we had for lunch. And our 5th day (today) was also nice because Gloria came out with us too! She took us to the central first and we were mainly looking for a suitable but different prom dress, I saw SO MANY but a lot of the best ones were extremely pricey (unfortunately!). We then caught a tram (bus/train) into Wan Chai, it was very busy because all the main designer shops were in the Central and also countless markets! I only tried on one dress overall, which wasn't something I'd preferably chosen, but it was pretty and very good price! We then picked Jessica up from the bus stop after school had finished and we're now all sat back at theirs. Tonight we're planning on going to the night market which should also be good! 

Tags: busy, journey, markets, prom shopping, so far, travelling, trekking

About holidayblog


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Hong Kong

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.